Monday, February 13, 2006

Carbon to Paint

Carbon 1 is off to paint. This weekend, the remaining fittings were installed, and everything sanded down. All looks good, so now its off to paint. I have several local painter leads, and will start interviewing this afternoon. Hopefully, it will be in the paint shop by Wednesday, and back in my hands in a week or so. It's going to be fun building this one up and seeing what kind of reaction it gets from people.

I recently purchased a bench mount Park stand. It's a sturdy piece, but not top of the line. The arm engages in sort of a conical nylon sleeve bearing. I asked Joe B. to make me a mount for my jig that allows it to be connected to a Park stand. Unfortunately, his stand (the pro model) is different from mine.

Well, he sent me a piece to try - and it has me optimistic. I'll send it back for some more work, but it looks like he can duplicate the taper of the cone and then I can directly thread it onto the Park stand. At that point, the jig will mount onto this and be capable of be spun upside down - which should be very handy.

This week I hope to get 010106 finished off. It needs seat stays and some small bits, then it can go to the painter too! So then it will be on to Sarah's frame. Hopefully I can put this together pretty quickly as she's feel impatient with Daddy and the time he's taken. That reminds me, I have to call Gaerlan to see where my wheel parts are. When this is done, I'll probably have to start her twin brother bike, and then one for their older brother. All and all this should keep me busy for a while - but Joe will be shipping me a DCS carbon kit very soon so that will need to be completed too. So much to do and so little time. Anyhow, more pictures soon.

No comments: