Thursday, June 30, 2011

Moving along

I've been riding again for about 6 weeks or so.  They we (the family) went out west, where I managed to tear a hamstring.  Humph!  Anyway, now I don't have to feel guilty about shop time cutting into riding time.

I'm back to finishing up Charlie's small 26er.  The main thing accomplished today was to bend the seatstays, cut them to length, and cap them using pieces of 1-1/8 inch tubing.  A few pix follow:

This is my tiny shop after closing up for the night.  Less than 1/2 of a stall in the garage.

Here are the bent stays.  I like this radius much better than the sharp kink in so many commercial offerings.

A little final clean-up remaining - but pretty close to finished.

Charlies unfinished frame above.  I checked the alignment using the table and via a true wheel.  Both checked out nicely.

The end of the stay will nestle nicely in the curve of the filet for the top tube/seat tube joint.